AURIA 27" EQ276WN 1440p IPS monitor update

Cube Rhino

Limp Gawd
Purchased original version through microcenter a few years ago, used lovingly until recently power supply went up causing me to return it with the replacement plan I purchased at microcenter. No update on their site but found the new Auria came in a different box and had a few tweaks! Couldn't find ANY information about this so decided to post some of my thoughts here for anyone who was thinking about a korean panel but was sketchy about dealing with overseas purchases or was interested in a strong warranty support plan.

http://www.microcenter.com/product/428348/EQ276WN_27_LED_Monitor

Updates I've noticed:
- EQ276WN old model was EQ276W, i'm assuming the N tacked on stands for "NEW"
- Inverted blinding white startup screen(white background with black logo on startup was killing my eyes at nighttime) now it is black background with white logo
- Seems to have a better contrast ratio although not having them side by side isn't helping me determine this
- has a slight fade in when monitor comes on, hard to explain never seen on an LCD monitor before, was not present in previous model
- More snappy response to startup / screen switches
- Power Supply now integrated into monitor instead of having power brick
- the box now lists a max resolution of 2880 x 1620 although I've not tested it's capabilities(none of my games support this resolution)
- On screen display interface & hardware buttons are more responsive

I have this badboy mounted on a ergotron on my desk and I have to say it's an amazing deal at $400(buy the 2year warranty from microcenter for $50 more, you'll be covered fully and exchange no questions asked in store). Would buy a second if I had the GPU power to handle it!

Thanks for the info. There are some comments at the end of the old Auria thread.

Eyeballing the demo they have in store, the contrast does look pretty good. Would love to compare to my original version, but can't really justify another one. :p

The 2880x1620 is some upsampling trick that pretty much looks like crap. I can't really fathom a use for it. All the other improvements sound great though.

I bought one last week and am very pleased with it; I posted in the thread mentioned above already. If the glossiness isn't a problem, this is an excellent monitor.

I have been running the older Auria EQ276W for about 2 years and the newer EQ276WN for about 2 months.

The display itself seems the same to me (though they are not sitting side-by-side).

Buttons, stand, and power input are different.

Both are great monitors.

The external power supply on my older EQ276W just died (bad news). But since it is external, it is easy to replace (good news). Also, whatever heat is generated by the power supply is not trapped inside the monitor. So I slightly prefer the older model, but think the newer model is fine.

By the way, the power supply is a 24-volt 6 amp. I ended up buying a Siemens SITOP PSU100D 24 Volt Direct Current, 6.2 Amp Power Supply though other manufacturers (such as Mean Well) would have worked too. I simply used the cords from the factory power supply: works great!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Noticed this one on the Microcenter site today - Auria EQ278C
http://www.microcenter.com/product/432787/EQ278C_27_IPS_LED_Monitor

Given the price ($700) I'm guessing this is a legit 2880x1620, not up-sampled like the EQ276WN.

I don't mean to Necro a thread, but does anyone have any input they can offer on the AURIA EQ278C? It is indeed a 2880x1620 panel, and my MC has it on sale for $200 off for a total of $499...It is some type of AHVA/PLS/IPS Panel based on the viewing angles, so to me it is seems like a much better buy then the cheap TN based 4K panels for $100~$150 more..

My use for it would be CAD/web use/gaming (not some hardcore FPS freak)..My main concern is if uses PWM dimming, since that is a big NO NO due to the migraines I suffer from:(...

I don't mean to Necro a thread, but does anyone have any input they can offer on the AURIA EQ278C?...
It's an odd panel so there doesn't seem to be much info, I haven't seen another manufacturer using it.

Microcenter is great with returns, as long as they are local to you I would just buy one and try it out. Then you can let -us- all know how it is. :)

This monitor is $299 dollars at Microcenter. The place with the best return and warranty policy. Also the nicest possible people to deal with and the only real computer people within 400 miles from NYC. I have no idea how it could be this cheap. I really do not. Consider that for 60 dollars you could get a complete 3 year warranty, walk-in thing. That makes it $360 dollars to have full warranty on a 27" IPS screen??? something sounds wrong

(probably the only thing wrong is that this stuff costs 20 dollars to make and we are sold 800 dollar displays, so maybe that is what is wrong, but who knows)

http://eqdcorp.publishpath.com/Websites/eqdcorp/images/news/2-Computer_Ed_Radio_1348_-SEG_2.mp3

this is the president being interviewed. I think the radio show is old, so not everything was implemented like the No bezel screen. But, it is around. I might buy this thing this week if i get a recommendation.

Last edited:
I bought three of these at MicroCenter a week ago. Only had time to setup one until tonight. The first one I took out of the box has a matte screen, which I prefer. The other two, however, have glossy screens. There is nothing on the box that specifies the type of screen, nor can I find anything on the manufacturer's or any other site. Does anyone else have a matte screen or did I just get lucky?

2nd issue: I tried to mount one of the other monitors on an Ergotron LX Desk Mount Arm, but it just slowly pulled the arm down and the base looked to be leaning a bit where it was clamped to my desk. OP, is this the same monitor arm you're using? The Ergotron website says that the EQ276W is compatible with that mount, I don't see why this one wouldn't be.

You got really unlucky as the monitor is supposed to be glossy.

anyways, it should be glossy. having it matte means something is drastically wrong with quality control or something.

how is the glossy one? what do you think? movies? looking at chicks? in complete dark room looking at a movie? i dont care about games. I think everything looks fine in a game, the images are synthetic and rendered.

You got really unlucky as the monitor is supposed to be glossy.

anyways, it should be glossy. having it matte means something is drastically wrong with quality control or something.

That's what I was afraid of. It looks excellent, but if it's not supposed to be like that, I'll have to take that one back and get another glossy one. I can't see myself having one matte & two glossy.

As for the monitor arms, I found the manual and I may have to increase the resistance on them to handle these monitors.

WakRather, I'll update on your questions soon.

that's a good idea. I dont know which you bought. I am waiting on your opinion to buy one. You will have a lot to say with owning 3 of them. thanks

The first one I took out of the box has a matte screen, which I prefer. The other two, however, have glossy screens.
Did you somehow get an older model? The original EQ276W was glossy, then they changed to a matte screen but kept the same model number. But afaik the newer EQ276WN should be glossy. Is there any other difference in the matte one (bezel, stand, casing...?)

Ok, this situation just pi**ed me off.

I live in Frisco, MicroCenter's in Richardson. That's about a 30 min drive each way on the tollways. I was going to Richardson anyway on Saturday, so I packed up the matte display to exchange it for another glossy screen. Got there, left the matte @ customer service and found the of stack these monitors in the back. They had 7 available, so I opened the first to confirm it was a glossy screen.

Nope.

I checked 6 of the 7 boxes and they were ALL MATTE (which, as I've said, is what I prefer). So they must have done the same thing they did with the old model. There is NOTHING on the box that lets you know the screen type. So I had to come back on Sunday and exchange the two glossy screens for matte (FYI, they had sold 4 since Saturday).

However, if you get there ASAP, you might find the two glossy screens I exchanged on Sunday. I wrote "glossy screen" in blue marker at the bottom edge of the box where the price sticker is. Those two might also be marked down a bit as "open box".

As for a quick review, both screen types looking amazing. I played Left 4 Dead 2, Borderlands and StarCraft II at 2560 x 1440 resolution and they all looked better than they ever did on my old Hanns-G HG281D monitors. I played a Captain America 2 Blu Ray rip on the glossy screen and the colors were very rich and darker than the matte screen. Images in general also looked far better than on the old monitor.

I'll post pics in the "show us your displays" thread once I get the side monitors set back up.

Highly recommended, especially at $299 per.

Interesting! I'm in the market for a 27" 2560x1440 and the price (and ease of purchase/support, there's a Microcenter near work) is right.

Have there been any reviews comparing the new to the old? Improved response times or any such thing?

shoot. i guess i should run to get one. or ask if i could open them. darnit. i only want glossy.

Back