Augmented Reality Rubik's Cube Solving Assistant

It's stuff like this that I think makes AR actually useful. Not that solving a rubics cube is important specifically but this just goes to show where we enhance the world we live in or make it easier. To me VR does the opposite where it takes you away from this world to do things that don't really matter.

To me VR does the opposite where it takes you away from this world to do things that don't really matter.

Like TV? Or regular Video Games? I agree that AR is very useful, but I don't find the other things a waste. Doing something you enjoy is not a waste of time, in most cases. All things in moderation, though, of course.

AR can be awesome when it works. My favorite Google Glass app could translate different languages. I looked at a sign in German - Glass changed the text to the English translation. Very cool.
I've also seen it used for compass/location information. It complements what you are seeing and can provide useful information. Now, can we get this and not get labeled "Glass-holes"?

Like TV? Or regular Video Games? I agree that AR is very useful, but I don't find the other things a waste. Doing something you enjoy is not a waste of time, in most cases. All things in moderation, though, of course.
I get there is an entertainment value to the VR side. I just don't find it useful. I was only trying to contrast that AR has uses other than entertainment.

I get there is an entertainment value to the VR side. I just don't find it useful. I was only trying to contrast that AR has uses other than entertainment.

That's fair. I'd love to get my hands on some of this tech to play with and test it out.

agree.
Whenever you don't do something you enjoy you are wasting life in my opinion. life is short precious moment we should enjoy as much as possible... more or less

Back