Audiovox Set to Buy Klipsch

I like my Klipsch Promedia 5.1s. They've been serving me well since 2003 and were well worth the $330.

This is the end!!!!!

Audiovox has always equaled JUNK products.

Klipsch has manufactured the BEST stereo speakers since the beginning. I cannot say much about there PC related products.
Years ago I was working on a TVs set for an old guy and noticed a HUGE set of speakers in his living room. I asked him about them and he said they are Klipshorns.
I said "Hmm, never heard of them."
He said "well, I will give you a listen when you are done."
He had a Macintosh tube amp he said it was 20w per channel. He thumbed through a record album rack and pulled out some classical music.
I was fully expecting to be underwhelmed.
What I heard so totally blew me away I was stunned. I had NEVER heard a more life like stereo imagine and sound quality. And this was OLD gear.
Me being a slack jawed by what just heard said "That is only 20w per channel???"
He said. "It has little to do with power. It is all about efficiency. Horn speakers are very efficient."

Seriously people need to stop being so mellow dramatic about this. Companies buy other companies all the time and guess what? It's not the end of the world. In all likelihood the brands will be maintained separately and be for separate classes of products.

As another example of that in the audio world D&M Holdings owns Denon, Marantz, McIntosh, Boston Acoustics, Allen & Heath, and others. That the same company owns all the brands has nothing to do with what the brands do. Boston makes cheap(ish) speakers, Denon makes receivers from the low end up to the high end. McIntosh makes extremely expensive tube amps, speakers and so on. Allen & Heath doesn't even make home audio stuff, they make mixers up to and including $50,000 FOH systems. That you can buy a cheap all-in-one kit from Boston doesn't stop Denon from making a $5000 receiver with all kinds of high end features.

So seriously, chill with all the silly panicking.

It just means you get to move to real, non-computer speakers now. ;)

I have a 4-way set of klipsch hooked up to a samsung reciever right now so I have both, I'll be missing my future upgrades to both the promedia and my surround sound :(

Here's another happy user of a 10 year old 4.1 promedia set. These speakers are used on a daily basis, and other than a scratchy volume knob, work as good as the day I bought them. I'm pretty sure I bought them based on a review right here on hardocp.

Haven't Klipsch speakers been built by Pyle for some years now? It can't get much different now, eh?

I don't know why you are all freaking out, Klipsch has been terrible for a good while now. All there horn loaded speakers are really bright and sound terrible. Plus all there other companies make low quality products : Jamo, Mirage and Energy.

Huh? This is like taking a chevy chevette, and slapping new rims and a bmw tag on it.

I love......er - loved Klipsch.

WD-40 on that knob. open it and spray on the little box inside. Did it years ago and works great since. I still have whats left of my 4.1s....completely blew the surrounds out 5 months ago. Snagged a set of hardly used 5.1 ultras.

Running the quintets and a synergy 12 sub on a yamaha amp. Sounds damn good. For the entry level stuff. Can hear it outside my house from the street. LOL

Ryan

Here's another happy user of a 10 year old 4.1 promedia set. These speakers are used on a daily basis, and other than a scratchy volume knob, work as good as the day I bought them. I'm pretty sure I bought them based on a review right here on hardocp.

Klipshe's sub - $1000 home stuff is good but when you get into their $2000+ stuff it's incredible. (as should something that costs that much).

When i bought my Lascalas 20 years ago they were "only" about $1600/pair. Now they are over $4k.

Best speakers I've ever heard in my life.

Back