I'm looking to add a subwoofer to my PC audio system and found this from Audiosource. It's the AST-Sub10 Low Boy. The specs look good and I like the low profile. I can't find any reviews for it so I'm asking my fellow PC audio enthusists. Any comments on this sub? Thanks!
Not sure but normally i'm suspicious of equipment that's been around for awhile that have no reviews to speak of. Couldn't find a darn thing on google other than merchants selling it, and even those merchants have little to no customer reviews for this product.
OP what exactly are you looking for in a subwoofer and how much are you willing to spend?
I agree about finding no reviews for a product; it ain't encouraging. I saw 2 comments about the sub on Amazon, of all places. Both guys gave it great praise.
I'm looking to keep the price under $150. My primary uses are games and music. I'd just about settled on the Dayton Sub-100 10" 125 watt sub ($125 shipped from Parts Express) before stumbling across that Audiosource sub.
Yep, def not encouraging imho either. If you do go for the audiosource sub, make sure it's from a merchant with a decent rep and one that offers hassle-free returns. Otherwise in the $150 price range i'd probably research both the Dayton 10" and Dayton 12" to figure out which is better for music (gaming is often not a consideration when debating what sub to buy btw).
Btw, if you can stretch the budget to around $250, there are three or four really good budget subs that ought to satisfy you for awhile (hold off that upgrade itch i mean). But otherwise i really wouldn't sweat it, research and pick your sub, then just sit back and enjoy it