Audioengine A2's with 8" Dayton Sub...?

Joined
Jun 12, 2009
Messages
731
I just got my Audioengine A2's and man they are small. They sound great but i am going to buy a sub for some more bass. I was thinking about this Dayton SUB-80 8" HT. I don't need a huge amount of power since the room isn't too small. I don't want to spend a whole lot more since I've already purchased the sound card and the A2's. I can squeeze in another $100 for some more bass. Is this sub a good choice or should I try and get the 10" to be safe?

Also, I was trying to figure out how to hook up the A2's to a sub. Do I just get speaker wire and connect both speakers to the "To Speakers" part of the sub? Then after this do I simply take the 1/8" RCA cable and plug it from the "Output" from the sub and into my sound card?
300-631_Lii.jpg


Is this way off? Thanks for the responses.
 
Nevermind I think I got it now. I have to take the 1/8" RCA cable from the sub "Input" and bring that to my sound card. Then I take another 1/8" RCA cable from the sub "Output" and plug that into the A2's.

This this how it's supposed to be?
 
Nevermind I think I got it now. I have to take the 1/8" RCA cable from the sub "Input" and bring that to my sound card. Then I take another 1/8" RCA cable from the sub "Output" and plug that into the A2's.

This this how it's supposed to be?

yep
 
Back
Top