• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Audioengine A2+ vs Presonus E4.5

paulguru89

n00b
Joined
Oct 22, 2014
Messages
39
What is better for you ?

My using is 90% for FPS gaming, im searching a good soundstage speakers and i dont want a subwoofer ( then the bass will be reproduced by only spakers )

I know the Presonus with 4.5 inch woofer give surelly a deeper bass than A2 ( laws of physics right ? ) but i know the superb quality of Audioengine as soundstage and i dont know if Presonus E4.5 can have almost a competitive soundstage compared to A2+.
 
I know the Presonus with 4.5 inch woofer give surelly a deeper bass than A2 ( laws of physics right ? ) but i know the superb quality of Audioengine as soundstage and i dont know if Presonus E4.5 can have almost a competitive soundstage compared to A2+.

The A2+, according to AE website, has better low-end response.

However, these are on sale:

http://www.samash.com/bx5-d2-5-active-studio-monitors-(pair)-mbx5d2pai

Unbeatable at that price, with bigger drivers that go lower than both of the aforementioned speakers.
 
what is AE website ?
can u link ?

A2+ better in the bass ? you are talking about specifics i think, but in the practise i dont think is it possible.
 
what is AE website ?

Audioengine.

A2+ better in the bass ? you are talking about specifics i think, but in the practise i dont think is it possible

It is quite possible. Driver efficiency/sensitivity, power, etc........

From the frequency response charts I've seen, the A2+ starts to dip at about 70hz. The Eris are also rated to 70hz frequency response.

Basically, despite driver size, they have similar low-end response.
 
Last edited:
Audioengine.



It is quite possible. Driver efficiency, power, etc........

From the frequency response charts I've seen, the A2+ starts to dip at about 70hz. The Eris are also rated to 70hz frequency response.

Basically, despite driver size, they have similar low-end response.
what charts ? :)
 
"Although the A2+ has a substantial hump in the bass response centered around 140 Hz, the response overall is admirably flat"
Sorry but it says around 140Hz is much different than 65 or 70Hz :)
 
Last edited:
Sorry but it says around 140Hz is much different than 65 or 70Hz :)

Huh? Do you understand what he's saying? He's saying there's an increase in db (loudness) at the 140hz, not that the low-end only reaches 140hz at respectably audible volume. The chart I posted clearly shows the speakers reaching 70hz.

I get the impression that you're not following what I'm saying, entirely. LOL.

Regardless, like I initially said, I'd skip both of those options and get the M-Audio. They're not the best studio monitors, but at that price (if you're in America) and for casual listening, they're unbeatable. The A2+ will be easier to hook-up though.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top