• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Audioengine 5s good enough for V-DAC?

A13X

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Messages
339
The V-DAC seems to blow the water out of cheaper DACs like the HRT music streamer and the fubar dacs, but most reviewers are testing these dacs with high end speakers... I'm not sure the audioengines will be able to get all 300 dollars worth of dac-osity from the v-dac, but I don't know what I'm talking about, so that's why I'm here. If the audioengines don't sound a whole lot better through the V-DAC than through the music streamer, I'm not sure it's worth three times the cost. But then again, the V-DAC will probably be the LAST dac I ever get; it has everything I'l ever need while the hrt might not quite cut it (no optical in, no upsampling).

Thoughts?

And a picture of the said device:
Musical_Fidelity_VDAC_angle_810.jpg


aaaaaaaaaand the speakers while im at it...

audioengine_a5_black-400-400.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top