Audio stuttering problem

DarkCyber

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
May 14, 2003
Messages
1,273
I just upgraded from an AMD 3200 cpu computer with an Abit K8N motherboard with 1 gig of ram to am AMD 3800+ X2 (939) cpu pc with 2 gigs of ram and an MSI 482M4 motherboard. I took my M-Audio 2496 audio card out of the old pc and installed into the newer one and when I playback audio it is stuttering or skipping. It seems to get worse if I open any other apps or do anything else on the pc while the audio is playing. I am playing back in Cool Edit 2000 and another customer program, both of which played back fine in the older pc.

The configuration is basically the same on both pc's...Windows XP Pro, the only differences are the cpu's and motherboards. Why would going from a single old core to a newer dual core have this problem? Remembering that the audio card is the same card.

In general, what can I look for to solve this problem? I am running DirectX 9c and the latest M-Audio drivers, all of the latest motherboard drivers...etc.

Any help appreciated.
 
Got it fixed. After trying every software trip known to man (and none worked) I moved the pci audio card to the only other pci slot and that cleared it up.
 
Back
Top