• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

audio rice krispies

roz1281

Gawd
Joined
Nov 1, 2004
Messages
618
On my new build, which runs off an ASROCK 939 DualSATAII mobo with onboard AC97 audio, I hear random 'popping' and 'clicking' while playing Guild Wars. Also, when windows loads and it does that beautiful intro music, it 'pops' just before that too. Any Idea why? I tried the drivers on the CD and also the newest off ASROCK's site (which seem to be numbered older than the bundled drivers...), same deal.

Also an unrelated question, once every few times or so I'm playing Guild wars and suddenly the game will get uber-choppy and I have to restart it. Any idea? Worked fine on my other setup, which included all the same parts save the mobo and proc.
 
as in latest bios? Not sure. I'm always weary about updating the bios unless it's totally neccessary.

all thats listed under drivers on the products page is Audio, LAN, CPU (amd cool n queit driver), AGP, and SATA drivers.
 
I have the same mb and the onboard sound is of very poor quality and is noisy. Get a decent soundcard and disable the onboard sound.

If you are using AGP video card you have to install the Uli AGP driver before you install the video card drivers. Did you do that?
 
Well, first i installed video drivers , then realized i had to install the ULI AGP drivers, so i removed the video drivers, installed agp, then reinstalled video drivers :p
 
Back
Top