• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Audio problem...

JCNiest5

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Apr 25, 2005
Messages
4,141
Okay, so my Eclipse Plus has the SB X-Fi Extreme Audio card included and lately it keeps going back to Headphone no matter what I select as the output device. When it does that, no sound would come out. I can select Speakers and I can hear sound but as soon as I quit the window and go back to the desktop, it switches back to Headphone and then no more sound again. Is there something wrong with the sound card? I've tried installing the driver from the DVD it comes with and dl and install the driver from Soundblaster's site and yet it's still doing the same thing. Just can't figure what I'm doing wrong. Help...
 
Your card's backplate may be shorting on the back of your case. Have you reseated your card? It sounds like it may be wiggling in place and the jack detection feature is locking itself in headphone mode.
 
Unplugging the internal connection solved the problem. Some how plugging in this connection forces the driver to switch to Headphone. I don't know why it is different this time as I have other times been able to leave this connection plugged-in and yet can switch to any output device I want to. I know for a fact I have this connection plugged-in on other boards on different cases and can still select any output device I want. Maybe there is something different about this case and mobo combo. All is well now. Thanks for reading.
 
Back
Top