AUDIO Prob -- Battlefield 2

Devorikk

n00b
Howdy,

The sound from my onboard Realtek AC'97 fails miserably when EAX is turned on in BF2. The surround works but I lose elements like bullet-fire and the voiceovers (sound broken).

I didn't have a problem with the onboard sound found on a later model Asus AGP board.

Anyone else run into this and is there a fix at this time?

Thanks!

--Dev

on board audio and EAX = bad news...

if you want EAX on, then buy a Creative card.. preff. a A2ZS ot better... with onboard sound, then best BF2 settings are, set to Med and EAX off.

Devorikk said:
Howdy,

The sound from my onboard Realtek AC'97 fails miserably when EAX is turned on in BF2. The surround works but I lose elements like bullet-fire and the voiceovers (sound broken).

I didn't have a problem with the onboard sound found on a later model Asus AGP board.

Anyone else run into this and is there a fix at this time?

Thanks!

--Dev
When was the last time you updated the driver?

dosnt even matter what newest drive is on there. EAX is not ment for onbaord sound. Techly, it was ment for creative only cards as it is Creatives Tech.

I(illa Bee said:
dosnt even matter what newest drive is on there. EAX is not ment for onbaord sound. Techly, it was ment for creative only cards as it is Creatives Tech.

Well actually Creative made EAX 1 and 2 open in order to make it more popular. They really tried to get wide spread support even on other company's cards. So using EAX 1 and 2 on integrated or non-creative sound cards should be fine.

To the OP, I would do what Chastity said and try to upgrade to the newest audio drivers.

My previous motherboard was an Asus A8V Deluxe, with onboard AC'97 sound and EAX worked fine on it.

The audio drivers are the most up-to-date from Asus' site. I'm just not sure what the problem is.....

Perhaps the latest drivers broke compatibility? You can always try old ones. Perhaps ASUS didn't implement proper EAX support on that motherboard yet.

Did you check your windows speaker settings? What are they set to? Realktek has an updated driver that I was using prior to my x-fi purchase. Google their website and download their latest driver for the ac97

Windows Speaker settings are set to 5.1, and the AC97 control panel i set to 6 channel. I get surround sound with no problem in all other games just fine, so I don't believe that is the issue.

The two issues that occur:

With EAX on, every sound occurring on the map, whether or not I am in range of it or not, plays at the same time. The voice-overs are broken as well.

With EAX off, I still get surround and everything sounds perfect...except the voice-overs are still breaking up when they play (the voices that play when you're losing or regaining control of a flag, etc).

I can live without those voice overs, but to make matters worse wjhen I turn voiceovers off and move the volume slider to "0", they STILL OCCUR. I will be perfectly happy to just rid of those voiceovers completely as a workaround to this issue.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, perhaps this might just be a lost cause.

--Dev

...and to answer your question, I downloaded the latest audio driver from Realtek and that did not solve the issue.

I had the problem of sounds playing even though they might not be happening around you at all times. I never had any broken voice overs though... did you try that realtek driver? If that doesnt work you'll have to live with it or purchase a sound cound that does something more than eax 2.0

Back