• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Audio Player App

Joined
Nov 19, 2005
Messages
43
I was messing around with some MP3 files and discovered that WinAmp sounds like shit compared to some of the converters that I've used. WinAmp makes my mp3 files sound distorted and washed out, compared to Foobar2000.

I was wondering what you guys use to listen to music on PC. I love WinAmp interface, small footprint, etc. Is there an app that is comparable to WinAmp, but sounds better? Is there any settings that I can change in WinAmp to make it sound not distorted? I've adjusted the Equalizer, but still could not make it sound good.
 
cherniy_kot said:
I was messing around with some MP3 files and discovered that WinAmp sounds like shit compared to some of the converters that I've used. WinAmp makes my mp3 files sound distorted and washed out, compared to Foobar2000.

I was wondering what you guys use to listen to music on PC. I love WinAmp interface, small footprint, etc. Is there an app that is comparable to WinAmp, but sounds better? Is there any settings that I can change in WinAmp to make it sound not distorted? I've adjusted the Equalizer, but still could not make it sound good.


You wouldn't happen to be using the EQ would you?

Winamp still stupidly defaults to the shitty Nullsoft made EQ code. There is however a newer EQ from 4Front that sounds much better and actually works right. To enable it do this: Winamp Prefs, Input, MPEG Decoder, double click on it, Decoder tab, UNCHECK "Fast Layer 3 EQ", click OK. Close and re-open Winamp.
 
Back
Top