Basically I am looking to do an overhaul of my computer audio setup.
The rundown:
I play TF2, COD4, etc.
Listen to music.
Watch movies occasionally
Current setup:
(was running an HT card but I zapped it by accident)
2.1 logitech speakers into X-fi xtrememusic
Plantronics GameCom headset
I took a look at the Head-Fi forums and didn't even know where to start. It looks like a complicated mess in there.
I am more interested in spending money on a great headset, a better sound card (no more Creative).
Would an amp benefit my audio experience? Would it be necessary?
Edit: I see multiple threads on headsets and what not and am sure you all are tired of repeat threads so feel free to send me elsewhere
The rundown:
I play TF2, COD4, etc.
Listen to music.
Watch movies occasionally
Current setup:
(was running an HT card but I zapped it by accident)
2.1 logitech speakers into X-fi xtrememusic
Plantronics GameCom headset
I took a look at the Head-Fi forums and didn't even know where to start. It looks like a complicated mess in there.
I am more interested in spending money on a great headset, a better sound card (no more Creative).
Would an amp benefit my audio experience? Would it be necessary?
Edit: I see multiple threads on headsets and what not and am sure you all are tired of repeat threads so feel free to send me elsewhere