Audio noob seeks advice.

jedisme

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 23, 2008
Messages
141
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
http://www.amazon.com/Koss-SB40-Com...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1225046193&sr=8-1

No need to start out with expensive headphones. We don't even know that you have a good soundcard to begin with. The SB-40's are widely considered one of the best for the money in that price range. If you like to go higher, I'll refer you to this thread:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1234050

Assuming you've already been through that, then the Beyerdynamics (if as good as they're purported to be) look much more comfortable and sturdy. Check with the headphone thread, read comments and see if you actually need the pricier phones.

FWIW, I use SB-40's with an X-Fi Xtremegamer in DOD and COD4. I can usually position gunfire very accurately by sound alone. There's times I can't see shit, but I can definitely hear it and get pretty close on a snap turn.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As youre a gamer, I assume you also want comfortable headphones for long hours. AD700, SB40, AD900, HARX 700, HARX 900 are all known to be good, comfortable headphones.
 
As youre a gamer, I assume you also want comfortable headphones for long hours. AD700, SB40, AD900, HARX 700, HARX 900 are all known to be good, comfortable headphones.
The F1s are more comfortable. Hardly touches your ears. And only 200 grams. Unique design.
 
bit on the rx900's :)
I think my problem is going to be with my sound card. razer barracuda. probably should have went with an x-fi but, for 40.00$ it was hard to turn down.
 
an x-fi is better for positional - but a razer still has great sound -it uses better opamps than an x-fi
 
Back
Top