• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Audio noob here... need some help..

Shock_Hunter

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 17, 2001
Messages
181
Hi, I have a Audigy 2 ZS and and some Z680 speakers and like to swtich to digital output but im a little confused as what cable to buy.. I obviously cant use optical can the card doesnt support this so the only other option is digital coaxial.. Now I think the audigy 2 zs supports this but I have no idea since its an oem part and came with no manual... Can somebody please help/explain what I need? :confused: :eek:
 
Remember, you wont get 5.1 surround sound in games with the digital output on that. Just DVD's.
 
towert7 said:
The Audigy 2 ZS platinum (the one with the 5.25" drive plate) has a digital coaxial output (S/PDIF output).
If you do not have the platinum version, you will need a 1/8" to RCA converter from a place like radio shack.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.a..._name=CTLG_007_002_001_001&product_id=274-897

You plug this into your "digital output" on the card, and then attach a digital coaxial cable to it.

~Hope this helps

Thx, im from the UK though so we don't have a radioshack... No idea who sells them but ill look. Anyone from UK know where I can get this ? :p


Gavinfoxx said:
Remember, you wont get 5.1 surround sound in games with the digital output on that. Just DVD's.

Yes, I know but I do watch allot of DVD'd and can always just switch between them easily enough.
 
Back
Top