Audio malfunction?

napsterhaven

Limp Gawd
Ok rig specs in sig. Here recently I get no sound comming out of my left channel audio.I use a head set with a mic. The mic is also left side. When I try to use a regular set of headphones those only work on left channel. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers, still it persists. Is the audio jacks borked? My wife claims it was working untill my daughter starting tapping keys on the keyboard. Wouldnt an uninstall and reinstall of the drivers fix this?

Open the soundmax software that comes with your audio drivers (blue icon by your clock)

Look under speaker configuration and make sure everything is where its supposed to be

BigTaf said:
Open the soundmax software that comes with your audio drivers (blue icon by your clock)

Look under speaker configuration and make sure everything is where its supposed to be

I have checked rechecked and triple checked all that and nothing else will work. Could there possibly be something in the bios that got screwed?

not likely as the bios has little to do with the onboard sound controller or the driver

Try opening winamp, play a song or anything really
Open the equilizer
and slide the Balance all the way to the right

See if you get any sound what-so-ever with it like that

if you dont have winamp im sure WMP has it in there somewhere

BigTaf said:
not likely as the bios has little to do with the onboard sound controller or the driver

Try opening winamp, play a song or anything really
Open the equilizer
and slide the Balance all the way to the right

See if you get any sound what-so-ever with it like that

if you dont have winamp im sure WMP has it in there somewhere

I been through all that too. I just noticed when I was trying to confiqure it again my mic zapped the hell outta my lip. WTF is with that?

I have now changed power supplies incase I was getting dirty power. Yet I still cant get the left channel to work. Anyone have any other suggestions?

I'm having a similiar problem, but I can't get my center channel to work in 5.1? Weidest thing ever.

KillRoy X said:
I'm having a similiar problem, but I can't get my center channel to work in 5.1? Weidest thing ever.

Your issue isn't the same.

Sounds like there is a short somewhere in that headset. Improper ground on the jack could be the problem. Does anyone ever yank on the cord or trip over it? Could have damaged the jack or the phones.

Back