• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Audio glitch on new rig

Joined
Oct 22, 2005
Messages
6
I going crazy with an audio problem in my new rig that I'm having difficulty resolving: While playing games I get audio glitches - very brief pulses of static that repeat every ~1s - that also cause a slight but noticeable graphics stutter. I do not have this issue when listening to music or watching online video. I see the same issue when using my old xfi-xtreme music and when (xfi completely un-installed) using the mobo's built in audio. Does anyone know what could be causing this or have insight in how to source the problem?

Rig specifics:
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128423)
CPU: Intel i7-930 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...9115225&cm_re=i7_930-_-19-115-225-_-Product)]
Gfx card: XFX Radeon 5850 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...4150477&cm_re=xfx_5850-_-14-150-477-_-Product)
Ram: Gskill DDR3 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231230)
PSU: Corsair 650W (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005)

Thanks for any insight and help.
 
Back
Top