• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Audio from 2 outputs??

peanutskeeter

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 30, 2010
Messages
159
Here is my situation:

I have a small subwoofer and 2 speakers that I have plugged into my onboard sound from my Asus mobo, which provide enough audio when simply using the computer as normal. The sound works just fine on them. Also the these speaker INPUT to the board via 1/8" green headphone jack, that's it.

I then purchased a sound card for another set of 5.1 speakers I have, for use during game play. Now of course when I plug in my 5.1 surround speakers into the sound card the card does not play audio from them unless I set the output to the sound card. Also, these are input by 3 1/8" headphone jack ranging in color from black, yellow, green.

How can I set up my computer to output sound to BOTH onboard and the sound card?? By the way my card is one of those Creative X-FI fancy cards if that matters at all in this case.
 
Just split the front channel so it goes to the 2.1 speakers also. Also, your setup sounds really odd to me, as you have both 2.1 and 5.1 speakers hooked up. Why do you need both?
 
Just split the front channel so it goes to the 2.1 speakers also. Also, your setup sounds really odd to me, as you have both 2.1 and 5.1 speakers hooked up. Why do you need both?

I used 2.1 for normal computing. I then want to be able to turn on my 5.1 while gaming.
 
Back
Top