Audio error.

GOD'SlittleSERVANT

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 18, 2001
Messages
7,269
I just got a new HD and I can't get the audio to work. I get an error while trying to open Windows Media Player, and also in the device manager the audio is showing it is working fine. I installed the realtek drivers off my mobo, but it still gets the error. Is there a way I can find out what type of motherboard I have without having to open my case? Can I check in the device manager? i want to download the drivers off the website.
 
When I turn my computer on, the first screen I see (white type on black screen) shows my mobo and the BIOS name and version. Opening the case isn't really that big of a deal. You don't want to go installing drivers if you don't know for sure that they're the right ones. Or get Belarc Advisor, that'll scan your system and tell you what your mobo is.
 
Back
Top