Audio device switching software

strend

Gawd
Anyone know of a program that lets you set a hothey for each audio device? I've found plenty of software that lets you toggle, but none that lets you set each device their own key.

Reason I'm looking is for my HTPC. I'm running audio over HDMI for 5.1 and 2.0 over optical for music. My receiver will not apply any 2.0 soundfield when it's receiving a signal over 2 channels forcing me to switch audio devices (or audio configs) when I want to play music.

I've asked this before in the HTPC section and couldn't get an answer. Closest I found was having an icon in the task bar that you could click to switch.

Still haven't found anything yet. Closest is 'Vista Audio Changer' which does let you hotkey each audio device. Works great when your not using a full screen application (like Media Center/Plex), but gets buggy when you are.

I use autohotkey and create a macro to change audio devices. Here's a sample of my script:

#*F1:: -Windowskey + F1
Run, mmsys.cpl -Run Sound Control Panel
WinWait,Sound -Wait for panel to open
ControlSend,SysListView321,{Down 2} -Go to 2nd device on list
ControlClick,&Set Default -Set the device to default
ControlClick,OK -Close control panel
return

#*F2:: -Windowskey + F2
Run, mmsys.cpl -Run Sound Control Panel
WinWait,Sound -Wait for panel to open
ControlSend,SysListView321,{Down 1} -Go to 1nd device on list
ControlClick,&Set Default -Set the device to default
ControlClick,OK -Close control panel
return

Hope that helps. For some reason after my computer has been running for a while the sound control panel won't open without a restart. People say its a conflict with my Logitech webcam but I'm too lazy to really find out why.

Back