• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Audio Device output software

skrypts

n00b
Joined
Nov 26, 2006
Messages
41
Hey gang,

I was wondering if there was a software that does this. Some programs will let you assign which audio output device it will play from. However, some programs do not have this feature. I was wondering if there is a software solution for this. Basically I'm wondering if there is an application that will detect all my applications running and be able to assign which audio device they output to. Does anyone know of anything like this?
 
I dont think it will be possible.
When you run a program, it will either self assign an audio device from its own configuration or it will use the default windows audio device.
Many programs cannot change audio device without restarting.

Some programs switch to a new windows audio device at the moment the default device changes.
This could further mess up which apps use which device.
 
I don't know of any software like that, but what are you trying to do? Maybe we can find another workaround.
 
i feel the OP's pain

I have wanted something like this also, funny it was clunky but in Vista if you started a audio stream it would play with the current default audio device but if you then changed the default audio device the previously running audio would remain on the old device while the new audio would play on the new default device ....I used this "feature""???? (bug???) to have say Windows media center playing on my 2nd monitor and speakers while gaming on my primary monitor with headphones.

When windows 7 came alone they had reworked the audio such that running streams with now switch on the fly to the new default device.

AFAIK the op is out of luck w/ programs written to use the default audio device only..... I wish he wasn't cause I would like to be able to do the same thing but I never found anything that could do it.
 
Back
Top