Audio delay via BT. Mint 17.2 x64

KarsusTG

2[H]4U
As the title says I am experiencing a large 1-3 second delay for audio over blue tooth only. Specifically watching netflix. It may have been occurring during Pandora playback and I had not noticed. No delay at all over speakers.

Soundbot BT dongle and cheap wireless BT headset. I tried a different headset and it's the same regardless.

Anyone else experience this and overcome it?

Comp Specs:

Intel 4770
16gb ddr3
ASRock Z97 Extreme4
MSI 960
other stuff

I take it by audio delay you mean lip sync issues/inability of sound to accurately track actions on the desktop?

This is a problem I've noticed on a number of devices, even Apple/Android devices when streaming audio over bluetooth - I don't think there is a fix for it, bluetooth simply isn't a very suitable medium for audio transfer when latency is an issue - I'm not to sure if it's processing overheads or an issue with the bluetooth stack itself.

It's generally not something you notice when streaming music, as latency isn't usually an issue in this scenario unless it's accompanied by video.

Is there any reason why you can't just use a cable?

Is there any reason why you can't just use a cable?

Not really. I usually just use speakers. I work from home and usually have music up on a second monitor as background noise but I have found lately in downtime or while I am doing something around the office I will switch to netflix. Separating the audio for the show/music from the computer speakers is often useful and cord free is the way to be imo.

It was only a problem when I broke my laptop and just threw those duties to the computer as well hehe.

I have also noticed there seems to be a build up. It starts only a fraction of a second off and after 30-40 minutes it's 2-3 seconds off. Almost like it's a bandwidth issue.

Back