DudeUrGettingADell
n00b
- Joined
- Feb 20, 2010
- Messages
- 17
Hi All,
I was hoping to get some advice to see if this was even possible.
If you have ever tried to watch a television event using audio from a different source you will normally notice a delay. If the audio is behind the video, I can use a DVR to rewind the video to sync it. Normally however the audio is ahead of the video.
In my specific case I am trying to sync the audio of an online radio stream to a sporting event video. There are devices out there that delay audio, but they are either for am/fm radio delay (not available for me) or very expensive ($200+) so I am using this solution:
My current setup
Online radio source from PC#1 runs from line-out to line-in of PC#2
PC#2 uses audio delay software called "Radio Delay" to delay line-in audio
PC#2 outputs line-out audio to stereo system
My question is this, would this be possible to do using a single computer with dual sound capabilities?
If so can it be done with 1 integrated sound and 1 soundcard or would dual sound cards be needed?
I have read in a few places that simply using dual graphics cards will not be a compatibility issue (as people do it to output two different sound to two devices) but I'm not sure if it will work for me.
The Radiodelay program is a really excellent piece of software btw.
http://www.daansystems.com/radiodelay/
It allows you to select the input and output location so I believe it is capable of handling the delay using two soundcards. My issue is more about the feasibility of using two soundcards to act as basically a pasthrough.
I was hoping to get some advice to see if this was even possible.
If you have ever tried to watch a television event using audio from a different source you will normally notice a delay. If the audio is behind the video, I can use a DVR to rewind the video to sync it. Normally however the audio is ahead of the video.
In my specific case I am trying to sync the audio of an online radio stream to a sporting event video. There are devices out there that delay audio, but they are either for am/fm radio delay (not available for me) or very expensive ($200+) so I am using this solution:
My current setup
Online radio source from PC#1 runs from line-out to line-in of PC#2
PC#2 uses audio delay software called "Radio Delay" to delay line-in audio
PC#2 outputs line-out audio to stereo system
My question is this, would this be possible to do using a single computer with dual sound capabilities?
If so can it be done with 1 integrated sound and 1 soundcard or would dual sound cards be needed?
I have read in a few places that simply using dual graphics cards will not be a compatibility issue (as people do it to output two different sound to two devices) but I'm not sure if it will work for me.
The Radiodelay program is a really excellent piece of software btw.
http://www.daansystems.com/radiodelay/
It allows you to select the input and output location so I believe it is capable of handling the delay using two soundcards. My issue is more about the feasibility of using two soundcards to act as basically a pasthrough.