• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Audio compression

SoupyC

n00b
Joined
Jan 11, 2005
Messages
22
Hey all,

I've got a buddy who has his computer audio hooked up into a pretty stellar Hi-Fi audio system. We run a Ventrilo server for VOIP communications when we're in game.

His question is: Is there any program out there he can use to equalize audio levels so when our good buddy Duj comes on line and yells into the mic, it doesnt blow out his speakers/subwoofer? Kinda like a compression pedal for a guitar, I would say would be the closest comparison I can think of.

Thanks in advance!
Soup
 
I dont understand your question completely, but in the VT setup options you have two sliders for outbound and inbound volume. Your outbound determine how loud your signal is sent to your buddies and inbound is how loud your buddies sound on your comp. He could play around with thoes sliders to balance out volume between vt and his music player
 
hek1 said:
I dont understand your question completely, but in the VT setup options you have two sliders for outbound and inbound volume. Your outbound determine how loud your signal is sent to your buddies and inbound is how loud your buddies sound on your comp. He could play around with thoes sliders to balance out volume between vt and his music player

I know what he's talking about, at least I think. It happens to me too, a friend of mine has a deep low voice that plays through the bass in Ventrilo. I think he's trying to figure out (I've given up) how to make it so his friend's voice isn't played through the subwoofer. Good luck, I could never figure it out...
 
Thanks for the replies guys.

What we're looking for is really a program that will equalize volume, the way my buddy described it was "if you whisper, it comes through at 40dB and if you yell it comes through at 40dB."

That way when Duj gets aggroed by 5 level 60 mobs and screams "OH SHIT!" into his mic, we dont lose expensive audio equipment or our hearing.

Also, if someone has to be quiet, they can whisper and we can all still hear.

Thanks!
 
OK at leasy i understand what you mean now :) undertunately i dont know the solution but if it exists pls let me know i use VT too :)
 
Back
Top