My sisters office just picked up a panasonic mp3/ipod docking station and they want to use it to power their office speakers. These are the type of speakers that mount up in the ceiling tiles. Apparently the guys that installed the system years ago have all 6-8 speakers attached to one set of speaker wires that comes out of there wall. The stereo setup their using only ouputs 40 watts max (I think 3.5mm output is only 20 watts) which is why their speakers are pretty quite. They are using a 3.5mm headphone jack to try and power all the spakers in the office.
What amplifier do you guys recommend that can boost the power. It would only have to be 1 channel being that all the speakers are interconnected and they don't want to rewrie the office. I suppose if we needed more juice, we could probably get a multi channel amplifier and just link all the channels together to form more wattage.
Thoughts on this, as I'm no audio guru?
What amplifier do you guys recommend that can boost the power. It would only have to be 1 channel being that all the speakers are interconnected and they don't want to rewrie the office. I suppose if we needed more juice, we could probably get a multi channel amplifier and just link all the channels together to form more wattage.
Thoughts on this, as I'm no audio guru?
Last edited: