• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Audigy2 vs ZS

Spiff1333

Gawd
Joined
Jan 6, 2002
Messages
992
Are there any major differences between the two because Audigy 2 OEM is $15 cheaper then the zs. They'll be paired with 680s if that matters.
 
ZS to my understanding is gold coated connections


thats all i know of... and a higher signal to noise
 
Originally posted by jester1176
6.1 on the audigy 2 and 7.1 on the ZS. the ZS also includes DTS ES support.

So with a 5.1 setup the zs doesnt seem worth it and what is DTS ES. I doubt it will have much effect on gaming because that is what these are mainly for.
 
for gaming, they'll be virtually the same. they both support all versions of EAX currently available and will be fine with your 5.1 setup.
 
So this DTS ES is some dolby thing mainly for movies? and thanks for the reply, I'll save my $15
 
DTS ES is so you get 6.1 audio in DTS ES enabled movies. it's like dolby digital EX.
 
Originally posted by jester1176
DTS ES is so you get 6.1 audio in DTS ES enabled movies. it's like dolby digital EX.

What you really want is a soundcard that output DTS. I heard there was some fix that allowed the Audigy 2 to do that. Me I got a Realmagic Xcard and some digitheatre Platinums that support both DTS and Dolby Digital. DTS is significantly better in most movies really. I try to stay away from Dolby Digital as much as possible though it of course don´t sound that much worse.
 
Back
Top