• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Audigy2 to a Amplifier ??? [help]

AfterAnn

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 6, 2006
Messages
235
I got an audigy 2 , and im wondering if i can connect it to my Amplifier .
I just want stereo sound + sub .



This is the spec of the audigy 2 .
Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 Value On-Board Connectors

* Line level out (Front / Side / Rear / Center /Subwoofer)
* Microphone in
* Line in
* Digital I/O (for stereo SPDIF output to Digital I/O Module**)
* Telephone Answering Device in
* Aux In
---------------------
My Amplifier is a 5.1 DTS .



Wich output i should use on the audigy ?
Wich input i should use on the Amplifier ?


What is the digital I/O on my audigy?


I was thinking about something that covert the "Line level out" to RCA , but im not sure if the sound is gonna be stereo?

Anybody ever did this and got some help for me? thanks .
 
You've got a couple options. One way would be to get an 1/8" stereo -> stereo RCA cable; run it from the front lineout on your soundcard to an input on your receiver. The other way is to run digital out from your soundcard to the receiver. Either way your receiver will handle splitting off the appropriate frequencies to your subwoofer, not your soundcard(for this setup).

We've got a nice computer audio forum down a few from this one and I'm pretty sure there are a few threads in there dealing with similar issues, so you may find more information there.
 
jpmkm said:
You've got a couple options. One way would be to get an 1/8" stereo -> stereo RCA cable; run it from the front lineout on your soundcard to an input on your receiver. The other way is to run digital out from your soundcard to the receiver. Either way your receiver will handle splitting off the appropriate frequencies to your subwoofer, not your soundcard(for this setup).

We've got a nice computer audio forum down a few from this one and I'm pretty sure there are a few threads in there dealing with similar issues, so you may find more information there.

Yea ok , i think ill try the RCA cable because i cant find any digital IN , on the the receiver .



I missed the audio forum . Ill ask a mod to move this .
 
If i take the Line level out of the audigy .
I already use this for normal PC speaker and the sound is STEREO ...


If i use a thing that covert 1/8 to RCA and plug it into my receiver , the sound is going to be MONO???


I want the sound to be STEREO .... I don't get it , please someone explain me .
 
Is the cable verified to be working (try it out with another piece of equipment to make sure its the cable)?

If you have no digital inputs on the receiver, then digital output won't matter.
 
Back
Top