• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Audigy or Audigy 4?

prdfy

n00b
Joined
Aug 14, 2005
Messages
24
I have the 1st Sound Blaster Audigy. I was wondering if upgrading to the Audigy 4 would make any difference. I'm not an audiophile or listen to music very much, but I do like games. I like to use headphones, not a multi-speaker setup.
 
I'd say its not worth the upgrade...

If you're a PC gamer you'd probably get more use out of an X-Fi Xtreme Music
 
I think the upgrade will help, but it'll be only really noticable on the game side
 
It's not worth the upgrade.

From a gaming standpoint, EAX is what you would be looking at. The Audigy already supports EAX 1 - 4. The Audigy 4 has the same level of support for EAX. The X-fi would be what you want to upgrade to if you want more support for games (EAX 5).
 
Ive been using my Audigy since the beginning, the only reason Im considering to upgrade is because I got a 7.1 setup and 5.1 is all this card supports.
 
Back
Top