• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Audigy 2 ZS question

clickclickw00t

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 14, 2005
Messages
1,993
I was wondering if I could connect a front panel connector that you can usualyl buy with the Audigy 2 ZS Platinum to the Audigy 2 ZS.

I really need that front panel for recording things and such. My friend has one and is not using it. I was wondering if I could connect it to my Audigy 2 ZS.

Thanks
 
You should be able to. I put a Live Drive on my ZS 2 Gamer edition.

 
clickclickw00t said:
I was wondering if I could connect a front panel connector that you can usualyl buy with the Audigy 2 ZS Platinum to the Audigy 2 ZS.

I really need that front panel for recording things and such. My friend has one and is not using it. I was wondering if I could connect it to my Audigy 2 ZS.

Thanks

Yes the A 2 ZS card is the exact same card sold with the Platnum version Audigy 2 zs

If you look at your card there is a place for the ribbon cable to connect at the end.

Again to confirm YES
There is NO differance between the 2 cards. Only differance is the Software and front panel. The Platnum usualy comes with Cubias and fruity loops.
 
clickclickw00t said:
Please, I updated the thread. If you check the link, its a front panel for a X-fi Fatality. The guy that doesnt need it is offering it to me.

Will it work on a 2ZS or no?

I would gamble and say yes.. The front panel on my platnum xfi has the same in puts and outs as my old ZS 2 platinum.
The ribbon cable just connects the SPDIF and others to the card/panel.

You may want to take this to a SB forum specific.. To make sure PIN placement is the same.
I dont have my old ZS 2 in a system right now to check for you..

I will try tomorrow if I get the time to build a system another tomorrow I will try my old ZS 2 and My new XFI face plate..

Dont rely on it though.....I may have a mile long honey do list tomorrow..
Check on a SB forum...too see if PIN placement is the same..

EDIT... If he is OFFERING it to you take it....If it doesnt work you can E bay it. Or just give it back.. :D
 
Well of course he is offering for a price.

What's a good price for it?

And also: wtf is a SB forum?
 
Back
Top