Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro eX....phew what a freakin name

Dan UCF

[H]ard|Gawd
So I got this card off the For Sale For Trade section here but it came with no drivers, and no remote. Because of this I havn't installed the card yet, but I do have a couple questions:
1. Does the card require its own special drivers? or will the regular Audigy 2 ZS drivers do the trick? (Because I made an image of an A2ZS drivers disk at quakecon)
2. Will the older Creative labs Remote from the last generation of Platinums work on my new card? My friend who works for creative gave me a remote but did not have any drivers disks.

I'd like to get this card installed so I can compare it to my Hercules Game Theater XP in movies, music, and games but I'm a tad frustrated about Creatives shitty driver install scheme :mad:

i own the audigy 2 zs platinum pro ...and from what i've experienced, you can't install any newer drivers/driver updates or anything w/o installing the original drivers off the CD first.

I don't know if there is a way around this, maybe someone will post how to ... this will make my life easier, i hate keeping track of driver disks, when i can just download them....

as far as using the drivers you got a copy of, that should work, and the remote you got a hold of should work too.

let me know how you like the card, i don't ever use the remote, the software is too slow/unresponsive to make any use of it....

Maybe you can do something real quick for me, when you put your drivers disk in does it say "Audigy 2 ZS Platinum" or just "Audigy 2 ZS"?

With the answer to this question I'll know if the drivers I have will work or not.

You pick the card you have during the driver install so......
FWIW you can manually install the driver updates from Creative.
Extract the files with an archiving utility and point the device damager to them. :D

Back