Audigy 2 ZS or P5WDH Deluxe onboard sound

ryansebiz

Limp Gawd
I have an Audigy 2 ZS which I'm currently using for sound (used for SPDIF passthrough and built-in decoding).

Should I switch to my Asus P5WDH Deluxe onboard sound? This way I could get rid of the Audigy 2 and clean up my case at the same time.

I output sound to my Logitech Z-5500. I use the sound when I'm playing games - I rarely watch TV or movies.

Should I stick with the Audigy 2 ZS or switch to onboard sound?

Hm, does the Audigy 2 ZS system work w/ Vista? I mean I have mine hooked up w/ Vista, some stuff work, and I do hear sound, but nothing more. Am I missing something?

I'm using XP. Just wondering if I could get away with the onboard sound or if I should stick with the Audigy 2 ZS.

use the audigy, it'll definitely have better sound quality than the onboard, and steal less CPU power as well.

I don't think there are driver updates for Vista and the Audigy 2ZS.. :(

I'm using an Audigy 2 value on vista, which has the same chipset as the ZS.

I'm using an Audigy 2 value on vista, which has the same chipset as the ZS.

Does it detect the EAX?

Some of my games, well, come to think of it; all of my games that have it does not detect it. It's all grey'd out. :(

Goto the audio forums on driverheaven.net, a look for you-pax, he makes modded drivers for the audigy series of cards

You need alchemy to use EAX in Vista....

I'd go with the sound card, it's a pretty good one, only a step behind the X-Fi's. Should sound better than onboard. But I wouldn't call it a necessity if you're playing games through speakers.

Back