Audigy 2 ZS not found

Mac[X-D]

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi, i was wondering if any one else has had this problem. i want to update my sound card drivers. when i go to CL's site and use the auto update this is what it lists for sound card and driver release (Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, DR release 1.84.10) but if i go to their download section there is new drivers 1.84.55

So i download them but when i run the install it comes up with a error saying i don't have a Audigy 2 ZS in my pc. but i know i do and their auto update system says i do.

i have tried removing all sound card drivers and software and installing the new ones, but it says the same thing. i then have to reinstall from my cd, which is not a dell cd but a retail CL drivers disk.

anyone have any thoughts on what might be the cause and how to fix it. i am having sound issues in GTA SA, and would like to see if these would help and i like having the most current drivers installed.

Thnx in advance.

Mac.

Mac[X-D] said:
Hi, i was wondering if any one else has had this problem. i want to update my sound card drivers. when i go to CL's site and use the auto update this is what it lists for sound card and driver release (Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, DR release 1.84.10) but if i go to their download section there is new drivers 1.84.55

So i download them but when i run the install it comes up with a error saying i don't have a Audigy 2 ZS in my pc. but i know i do and their auto update system says i do.

i have tried removing all sound card drivers and software and installing the new ones, but it says the same thing. i then have to reinstall from my cd, which is not a dell cd but a retail CL drivers disk.

anyone have any thoughts on what might be the cause and how to fix it. i am having sound issues in GTA SA, and would like to see if these would help and i like having the most current drivers installed.

Thnx in advance.

Mac.

Wehnever posible, let the Auto Update Do it. It works just like Windows updated. Yes, CL gets a bad rap here, but let them update your card and see for yourself what the end results are. IMHO it works like it is supposed to.

Call Dell. They've been known to pull the El-Switch-O and or use lesser parts than advertised. Then say the part was "Custom Made OEM for Dell". To test this, try to install other drivers? Try an Audigy 2 Value Drivers and see what happens?

Donnie27

Did you initially install your creative drivers to the default location? If not, the install software looks for the creative drivers in the default location and no where else. So if your drivers are on your "D" drive instead of the "C" then you wont have any joy.

Back