• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

audigy 2 ZS drivers ?

the snake

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 14, 2001
Messages
1,211
what are the best and least bloated drivers for this sound card, it has been years since i ran a creative sound card so do i just use the latest version from creatives web site ?

or are there any custom drivers that someone makes ?

or will windows XP pro just support the card natively ?

any opinions here ?
 
I want sticky!!

Download the latest one off the creative website. Download winrar. Extract those files into a folder. Go into hardware manager, find your audigy 2 zs.. AKA multimedia device without any drivers on it. Go update drivers on it. find the folder you extracted the files into. Search in the WDM folder and hit install.. should install the drivers ONLY, nothing else. Works great for me.
 
aZn_plyR said:
Download the latest one off the creative website. Download winrar. Extract those files into a folder. locate and execute the ctzap.exe file.. should install the drivers ONLY, nothing else. Works great for me.


Fixed. ;)
 
i used the latest from creative and they seem to work so far, thanks everyone.
 
fazzman said:
try these out, I find them alot better than the crappy creative drivers.


http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/index.php?skip=1


unless you want decent environmental audio (EAX) support.. I used them for my audigy when I wasn't gaming and they were fine, but had a lot of trouble with game audio breaking up with even their supported level of EAX (2.0). The kX project's been kinda dead since like.. the beginning of '04

I'm using the OpenAL drivers right now, they work fine.
 
I am using the same card, with the drivers installed off of the creative site, but I keep having hiss/crackling noises during games such as Farcry. This past time I played they started getting bad and the comp reset. Any clues anyone? I have the onboard audio disabled in the bios and I didn't install the drivers for it.
 
Back
Top