Audigy 2 ZS driver problem

spicetek

Limp Gawd
Just bought a new Audigy2 ZS off ebay. Works fine. No driver CD though.

So, I downloaded the drivers off creatives site, and everthing seems tickety-boo. I can hear sound. However, I cant seem to find any utility where I can test individual speakers (I have a 5.1 setup). My crappy old onboard sound drivers had some fancy software where you could do soundchecks and check that each individual speaker was functioning correctly.

Also, most of the audigy2 misc utils you can download off the creative site report that I dont have any audigy hardware present when I try to install them.

I've been fiddling about with this for hours - it's driving me bloody nuts!!!!

How the hell do I calibrate my speakers, and does anyone have any idea why the creative utils wont work on my system?

Thanks!

I was never able to find that software off their website. I had to use the CD to install that software. I then used the site to update software and drivers.

threedd97 said:
I was never able to find that software off their website. I had to use the CD to install that software. I then used the site to update software and drivers.

same boat here. I have the zs notebook and could only get the Creative Audio Console from the CD. To be honest Soundblasters site sucks for downloads, you pick your card and it gives you a billion downloads to choose from, in no particular order. And in this case what you are looking for isn't even there.

If you checked out Creative's forums, IIRC, they had a sticky where you could download ISOs of each of the driver CDs for the various products. (If it's not still a sticky, a brief search on their forums will turn it up)

Back