• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Audigy 2 ZS CMSS question

SpaceMonkeyAndy

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 31, 2003
Messages
229
Hey guys; I feel somewhat stupid for asking this, but how the CMSS function upmix all signals that go to the front left and front right speakers? I know for stereo signals it will upmix it (I use the stereo surround CMSS upmix), but for signals that are in 5.1 already (such as the audio from BF2 using 5.1 speaker setup and EAX) does it also upmix the front two channels? My question really boils down to whether CMSS can intelligently upmix stereo signals as opposed to 5.1 signals?

To make my question more clear - If I were playing music (stereo), and playing BF2 (5.1) with the CMSS stereo surround upmix mode, would it upmix the music for stereo surround, yet leave the BF2 audio alone? Or will it upmix the music as well as the front left and front right from BF2?

Thanks.
 
SpaceMonkeyAndy said:
Hey guys; I feel somewhat stupid for asking this, but how the CMSS function upmix all signals that go to the front left and front right speakers? I know for stereo signals it will upmix it (I use the stereo surround CMSS upmix), but for signals that are in 5.1 already (such as the audio from BF2 using 5.1 speaker setup and EAX) does it also upmix the front two channels? My question really boils down to whether CMSS can intelligently upmix stereo signals as opposed to 5.1 signals?

To make my question more clear - If I were playing music (stereo), and playing BF2 (5.1) with the CMSS stereo surround upmix mode, would it upmix the music for stereo surround, yet leave the BF2 audio alone? Or will it upmix the music as well as the front left and front right from BF2?

Thanks.

CMSS would mess up discrete 5.1 BUT! The card is full duplex, do a test with a 3rd party piece of software like the newest WinAMP 5.1 version plus a Game. I use to have problems recording 5.1 wave files until Power DVD 6 Delux with Software MLP shipped. Now I can run any recorder and DVD-Audio Playback with ease. Analog 24bit-96KHz 5.1 and 2 ch rock!

I'll try games tonight.

Donnie27
 
Back
Top