• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Audigy 2 ZS Box question

JeffB

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 10, 2003
Messages
283
The box that connects to the card, whether it be internal or external. What does it do exactly and does it need to be connected?

Jeff
 
By box you mean the face plate that goes into one of your 5' bays? They're just extra inputs for external devices.
 
Because I took it out, and my 5.1 Ultras don't work anymore.
I've tried testing each output with a pair of headphones, and am only getting sound out of one of the outputs.

Jeff
 
Normally you won't get 5.1 when playing music (it's only 2 channels) unless you are using CMSS or some sort of matrixing software.
 
I've plugged the speakers in though, and I've still gotten no sound. I'm thinking the amp or whatever it is in the sub broke, I've had to send it back once already.

Jeff
 
JeffB said:
I've plugged the speakers in though, and I've still gotten no sound. I'm thinking the amp or whatever it is in the sub broke, I've had to send it back once already.

Jeff
No, you don't understand, the 'music' as a SOURCE is only 2 channels. Has nothing to do with how you are outputting it - there are only 2 channels to output, so it's going to output music to the 'front' two channels. (Each of the three or four analog plugs handles 2 channels)

Try something like a game with surround sound. Or, better, use the 'speaker test' from the Audigy control panel.
 
What speakers are you running? Curiousity...i have the ultra 5.1's am wondering if i should expect their amp to die lol
 
Back
Top