Audigy 2 problems, it "vanished"

socK

Supreme [H]ardness
So I finally got a video card after my x1900xt died, throw it in, all is well. Wiped, cleaned, and reinstalled ATI drivers. I go and get my headset and plug it in. But alas, there is no sound.

I decided I might as well wipe the audigy drivers while I was at it and reinstall, but it claims it cant find any hardware for it. Now, i've had this problem before and dont know what the fuck I did to fix it, but any help would be great.

I figured this would be it, but its just some ATI media feature or something. :rolleyes:

whata57.JPG

It's just... gone!

... and no I didnt format when I put this new x1900xtx in, and when it does its POST thing, its little list of hardware and shit is shorter.

Ethernet Controller, which has been there ever since I installed the nvidia network drivers. It pops up every god damn reboot. :\
PCI Memory Controller, which im pretty sure was always there, though maybe not :confused:
SM Bus Controler

So I felt like reseating the card for no real reason, do so, comp fails to start, just sits with fans spinning. Take it out, works fine. What the hell is going on :confused:

Back