Audigy 2 Platinum (door)

zachary80

2[H]4U
Before you think this should be moved to computer audio, I just have to say I feel it fits better here because it is not related to sound

anyhow....

My computer case has a door that is nearly flush with the door. Would it be practical to set the A2 drive back 1/2" (in the 5.25 drive bay) so that it can fit behind the door? Does the drive need to be attached for the card to be functional? I don't have any use for the drive as of now.

Also, does anyone know of any compatibility problems I might encounter?

Pictures can be posted if necessary

My computer:
A7N8X Deluxe() XP2400+ @ 2.379 () ATi 9800 () 512mb XMS PC3500 Platinum () 2 WD 120gb SE in RAID0 () WD 80gb () 30gb Maxtor () 52 Lite-on CDRW () Cooler Master ATC-111C-SX1 () Thermalright SLK-800 () Thermaltake Smart Fan II () WINXP

Usually the case has the positions of the 5.25 holders (the cage thingy that holds them and you screw the drives into, you know, can't think of the name) is set back enough to allow the drive to fot behind the door. If your case is different, you should just be able to move it back by a small amount to compensate for the door. I think the drive does need to be fitted, but i'm not sure. I also know of no compatibility issues.

Originally posted by 4keatimj
Usually the case has the positions of the 5.25 holders (the cage thingy that holds them and you screw the drives into, you know, can't think of the name) is set back enough to allow the drive to fot behind the door. If your case is different, you should just be able to move it back by a small amount to compensate for the door. I think the drive does need to be fitted, but i'm not sure. I also know of no compatibility issues.

Maybe I should quit being lazy and open it up myself?

The other questions still stand

Back