Audigy 2 - No sound?

Albatross

n00b
Joined
Jan 14, 2005
Messages
14
Hello,

After a clean install of Windows XP Pro, I have no sound. I first wiped the drive and then reformatted. I have done this before and had no issues. I have always left the Windows drivers in. This time I have no sound. The Audigy 2 card worked before the reformat. I had never installed the drivers from the original CD, which I still have. Windows detected the card and installed drivers... no sound (no yellow exclamations in device manager). I tried installing the latest driver update from the CL site... no sound (no yellow exclamations in device manager).

Through Add/Remove Software, I removed the drivers. I ran Driver Cleaner 1.5 Build14 to clean out leftovers (I also ran Cab Cleaner). I ran CCleaner to remove items from registry.

I installed drivers and software from the original CD... no sound. I then tried to the latest driver updates... no sound (no yellow exclamations in device manager).

Presently, I have removed everything, again. At re-boot, hardware is detected, but Windows cannot find the proper drivers.

I am not sure what to try next. I would appreciate some help with this.

Thanks.

John
 
Make sure that it is configured to use analogue/digital correctly.
The only other advice I can give is try another install of Windows on another hard drive as I'm sure each install of Windows has its own personality :D

I hope you havent had the same problem as me after buying a X-Fi from Ebay.
It worked really well for months except when I tried it out with Vista, it wouldnt give any sound.
Running it with my normal XP still worked fine but occasionally the Sound Service would stop and need restarting.
After doing a new install of XP, the card no longer gives any sound and nothing I can do has changed that. Device Manager also shows it as working and Winamp thinks its happily playing tunes to me.
A friend tried it in his machine with the same result.

I now use my old Audigy 4 :)
 
Nenu,

Thanks for the response.

I do have another HD, I was thinking of trying another install. I guess that may be the next step. Nothing else has worked. The Audigy 2 line seems to have had it's share of issues (Google searches). Until now, I had been happy with mine (upgrade from my original SB Live! value).

John
 
Back
Top