• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Audigy 2 and windows XP 64 drivers?

oqvist

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Dec 24, 2001
Messages
8,936
Is there anyone that is working with this video card? Think it´s an OEM Audigy 2 bulk or something similar. Tried some on a beta version a while back ago but have the retail A64 now so thought I should try again.

But Creative use to have sucky driver support can´t find any drivers on their homepage. Is there any modded drivers or others that will identify this card in X64?
 
I've got an audigy2 zs and and running xp64... however, even w/ the pre-release drivers from creative I still can't get it to work :p I'm using my audiotrack optoplay usb when I boot into xp64 right now because it uses the built in windows drivers. I'll try and scrounge up the link for the creatives though... maybe you'll have better luck
 
Thanks. Think that is the one I have tried. I also think it expires in may but will try it again.
 
What a shock they work. However they will be invalid after 4th of may but hopefully Creative will have it´s official drivers out then.
 
That's good to know, I have a ZS in mine right now- though no plans on XP64, as it's rather irrelevent today
 
Don´t say that games actually play smoother on it I find :). Games that wouldn´t even run on the beta ;).

But yeah if you don´t have an A64 no reason to get it ;)
 
well, I would consider nothing but 939/nf4u for upgrade... thing is, there's almost no point as of today, due to Doom 3 blowing (opinion!) and Source being my game of choice (and possibly WoW again after school is over).
 
Yeah HL 2 and WOW is really hardware friendly :).

Me I am waiting for the 64-bit version of Far Cry. It is going to have some extra game content as well. Meanwhile I will try Riddick it has a 64-bit version already.
 
Well, compared to stuff like quake IV and Unreal Engine 3.0, they are very friendly. A mixture of mid range and low end hardware can chew through those just fine.
 
Well compared to Doom 3, Riddick, Far CRY, EQ 2 and SWAT 4 as well.

HL 2 and WOW aren´t using very advanced game engines yet still looks good so very good bang for the hardware ratio lol
 
Back
Top