Audigy 1 vs. onboard audio

rsnellma

Gawd
Joined
Jul 17, 2002
Messages
639
Does anyone know if Audigy 1 utilized hardware or software rendering?

I have a DFI LAN Party UT nF3 250Gb mobo, with Realtek ALC850 8 channel onboard sound.

I am thinking of using my Audigy 1 in place of my onboard sound, that is, if it is hardware rendering. This would help free up some CPU cycles, hopefully, during gaming.

I headphones during gaming so, 5.1 vs. 7.1 is not an issue with me.

Thanks in advance.

Bob2001
 
i think it does, although im pretty sure the audigy se or le or whatever wont, but just plain audigy or audigy pro will, i think
 
I almost bought the Audigy SE from Walmart for $30, but then discovered it does software rendering. That is a no go for me. If I am going to spend money on hardware then I want it to do hardware rendering.

I was just wondering about my old Audigy 1 that has a firewire port and gold connections.

It cost me about $65 about 3 years ago.

Bob2001
 
the audigy SUCKS !!!
don't get it basically it will Eat up alot of resources
i just upgraded this past weekend from a Audigy gamer that ive had since it came out
and got a X-FI Xtreme Gamer and let me tell you there was a big difference
not only in sound quality but performance i gained about 15%performance in all my games !!
i didn't realize it how much of a diffrence a sound card can make in a system.
so ya i would stay away from those cards like the plague
just got a X-fi Xtreme gamer the performance and sound is awesome
 
The original Audigy does use hardware sound processing and also supports a higher level of EAX. It will give better performance than your onboard. However, I've heard that the Realtek 8 series actually has sound quality comparable to the X-Fis(aside from EAX), and it will probably sound better than the Audigy, except for EAX of course. You have to decide whether sound quality or EAX is more important to you.
 
Back
Top