• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Audible hissing with CMSS enabled normal?

Cali3350

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 22, 2002
Messages
4,701
I just got me a set of HD212Pro's because i needed the closed option. I have heard that in order to get proper positioning in games one must enable CMSS. One question is what is better for games, CMSS or CMSS2. My main question is is it normal to hear a audible hiss in your headphones when nothing is playing and CMSS is enabled? Its even louder with CMSS2 on.
Thanks.
 
I believe CMSS is mainly used for music and doesn't affect games. EAX should handle the 3d sounds in games.

The hiss might be from having your volume set too high.
 
This thread is over a year ago, so assuming he is talking about the Audigy 2, CMSS was just used as a stereo upmix for mp3s and whatnot. I think CMSS2 was used to clone the front stereo signal to the back speakers.
 
Weird, it was on the front page for me... either that or I searched and am so tired that I didn't realize it and thought I was on the front page...

Anyways, pulled off of CL from the Audigy 2 ZS Platinum product page:
Delivers virtual surround with headphones and stereo widening with stereo desktop speakers.

Wow... I am TIRED. This is a thread from my search, forgot I searched and thought it wsa the original thread I was posting on.
 
Back
Top