• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Aud 2 thinks I'm using 2.1 speakers.

hAppy

Gawd
Joined
Jun 29, 2005
Messages
624
I have an Audigy 2 ZS for my surround sound system. But for some reason every now and then the Creative Labs settings goes from 5.1 to 2.1, it is really annoying because I would notice it when I'm playing games, then I have to go out and change it back to 5.1 again.

Does this happen to you guys?
 
The easiest way to solve that problem should be to remove cthelper.exe from startup. When I had an Audigy 2 it did that all the time and cthelper doesn't really do anything so it's completely safe.
 
just go to audio properties in control panel and select 5.1
Then do the same in Creative's software. The two should now be 'nsync
 
My Audigy2ZS used to do that at random, it would be fine in 6.1 then after a few games I would notice it's back in 2.1 mode. We are not the only ones who have noticed and complained about it either but I never tried to see if removing the startup line for cthelper effected it. Really irritating and I think it never has been addressed by Creative.

My X-Fi doesn't seem to have that problem, so it's definitely Audigy 2 related (I used to think it was game related but the X-Fi has disproved that theory).
 
Back
Top