ATX PSU okay for 220V?

Kainzo

Gawd
So I checked the Corsair 1200i, it says it takes 90-240V intake.
Does that mean it can just draw power from a 220V socket or do i have to do anything special to achieve? more than likely I will have a PDU taking power from the wall and giving it to the machines.

Modern PSUs will run on anything between ~100V and 240V without having to do anything. Older/cheaper ones sometimes have a switch to change between 110/120V mode and 220/240V mode, but most, including your Corsair, will do this automatically these days.
So you're good to go :)

Does that mean it can just draw power from a 220V socket or do i have to do anything special to achieve?

To be clear, are you talking about a standard 3-prong outlet (one hot, one neutral, one ground), or a split-phase outlet (two hots, one neutral, and sometimes a ground)? In the United States, you only get 220-240v via a split phase outlet, often used for Dryers and other large appliances. It is created by using two out of phase 120v circuits together to create 240v. Using a PSU on a standard 240v outlet (such as in Europe, etc) is a non-issue. Trying to use a PSU on a split-phase outlet on the other hand can be more complicated.

To be clear, are you talking about a standard 3-prong outlet (one hot, one neutral, one ground), or a split-phase outlet (two hots, one neutral, and sometimes a ground)? In the United States, you only get 220-240v via a split phase outlet, often used for Dryers and other large appliances. It is created by using two out of phase 120v circuits together to create 240v. Using a PSU on a standard 240v outlet (such as in Europe, etc) is a non-issue. Trying to use a PSU on a split-phase outlet on the other hand can be more complicated.
Its going into a start-up datacenter.. so I'm not sure on that just yet. We'll be getting power from a PDU, thugh.

So I checked the Corsair 1200i, it says it takes 90-240V intake.
Does that mean it can just draw power from a 220V socket or do i have to do anything special to achieve? more than likely I will have a PDU taking power from the wall and giving it to the machines.
I run my ax1200 off of 240v. Just plug it in the wall.

I live in USA.

1 wire is 120v 2nd wire is 120v and other is ground

120v wiring is ..hot ground neutral.

240v is hot hot ground
The psu will auto switch no.problem

I installed my 240v sockets myself to support ham radio as well.

Lol no its not complicated ... Plug the damn thing and enjoy it haha. I run 240v at home in Murica.

Back