• Great friend of mine with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    https://athleteoftheyear.org/2026/keenan-a856

ATX Mini Tower Cases

danimal

Gawd
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
844
I currently use a mid tower and I am sort of looking for a new case. Acryllic wasn't as great an idea as I though. Sure it looks nice but it is hot. I am looking into a mini tower case. But I am not too familiar with them. How much smaller are they from the mid towers? To give an idea of my system. It has 4 hard drives a dvd drive, floppy(could take out) and it is a dual opteron system So two procs might take up a bit more space. The regular ATX PSUs work will fit too right? After writing all that I don't think I am going to be able to fit this all in. More experienced people let me know what you think.
 
While it may fit, I think it would be a bad idea. The case would be so cramped that the air flow would absolutely horrible.

~Novensu
 
Check out some of the mini-atx towers on newegg to see if any of them can actually fit what you're planning to put in it. Honestly though, with a dual-proc mobo and 4 hdd's i'm not sure how much smaller you can get than a mid-tower before you just make a custom case with a smaller footprint and special drive layout.
 
Why not just get a shuttle?

I myself did cram a lot of stuff into a micro tower designed to hold a K6-2. Its now got a AthlonXP 1800+ 2 CDroms and a full size PSU, barely fitted the psu in and and had to cut into the front of the case to get the HDD in past the DIMMs (HDD is now only hidden by the front bezel)
 
Back
Top