• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

ATX MB, CPU, RAM Combos?

splash

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
161
I didn't know where to post this. Please move if this is not the right place.
I have a mother board that has been acting up for a couple of months. My current set up meets my needs because I only browse the internet and and write emails. My current computer has a quad core Q6700 processor and I am happy with that performance, faster is fine but not a requirement. I am looking for an inexpensive ATX mother board and CPU and RAM combo to put in my old case. Obviously I would be looking for a performance that would be up to speed of the Q6700 with 8GB DDR2 RAM. Sorry I am not a techie but I did build this computer from information found on these forums. I have looked at the current black Friday computer deals and have felt that if I buy the new route, I will probably go with a DELL 8700 with i7 4790,16 GB RAM, 2TB hard drive for $700.00. Any advise would be appreciate and if anyone knows of any other Black Friday Deals combo deal that will fit in a ATX case please let me know.

Thank in advance to anyone that takes the time to respond!!!!
 
Are you sure you're not going to just build a new PC this time around? I ask because that Dell is missing a SSD, an important part that really makes a huge difference in the overall responsiveness of a system.

Why ATX? Why not mATX?
 
Are you sure you're not going to just build a new PC this time around? I ask because that Dell is missing a SSD, an important part that really makes a huge difference in the overall responsiveness of a system.

Why ATX? Why not mATX?


Well my current case handles a ATX and don't know if it has the hole pattern for a mATX or not. And if I'm not going with newer tech then I wanted to do the job as inexpensive as possible.
 
Back
Top