ATTN: eVGA 9800GX2 owners!!!

I would be surprised if they could even tell if you were using the adapter. Don't see how they could.

Its not necessarily the fact that it could damage the card thats as much of a concern as the fact that the cable itself isnt meant to handle that kind of power.

BFG's retail box 9800GX2 comes with a 6 pin to 8 pin adapter. Guess based on that, I wouldn't panic TOO much about using one on another brand's 9800GX2, since the ones out now are all reference design.

Its not necessarily the fact that it could damage the card thats as much of a concern as the fact that the cable itself isnt meant to handle that kind of power.

The PCIe 6-pin power plug was designed and UL listed to provide up to 108W which is in excess of what the 9800 GX2 actually draws from the 8-pin connector. The standard gauge of wire used in conjunction with the 6-pin PCIe power plug is also within spec for handling this load.

I’d very much like to know what you are basing your statements on, so I look forward to your reply. If you want some facts regarding my statement, I could dig up some electromechanical specifications for you to review.

The PCIe 6-pin power plug was designed and UL listed to provide up to 108W which is in excess of what the 9800 GX2 actually draws from the 8-pin connector. The standard gauge of wire used in conjunction with the 6-pin PCIe power plug is also within spec for handling this load.

I’d very much like to know what you are basing your statements on, so I look forward to your reply. If you want some facts regarding my statement, I could dig up some electromechanical specifications for you to review.

LOL :p

Facts please!

Lets start with the basic theory of electromagnetic forces and then go on to you using paintbrush to draw circuit diagrams with accompanying formulas that relate the gage thickness of the wires to the theoretical maximum electron movement (that is if they actually flow) through that specific medium.

Thanks!!

Note im bored and waiting for my step up to come in from eVGA so technically I am a 9800GX2 owner, feel free to ignore my post.

Back