Attempting to get work packet

berky

2[H]4U
I'm getting this error when I run F@H.

[23:26:46] + Attempting to get work packet
[23:26:46] - Connecting to assignment server
[23:26:47] - Successful: assigned to (0.0.0.0).
[23:26:47] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[23:26:47] Work Unit has an invalid address.
[23:26:47] - Error: Attempt #8 to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.

it just keeps going like this. Something is giving me a bad assignment server, but how can I fix this?

I'm getting this error when I run F@H.

it just keeps going like this. Something is giving me a bad assignment server, but how can I fix this?

Stanford has been having a few ongoing server issues. Starting and stopping the client may increase your chances of being a winner, but I can't promise that;)

berky, any chance you configured the client to receive workunits without deadlines ? If yes, set this to no because there is no deadlineless workunits for a long time.

berky, any chance you configured the client to receive workunits without deadlines ? If yes, set this to no because there is no deadlineless workunits for a long time.

Thanks! This was the problem. I set that because I don't keep my computer on all the time, so I figured I'd only do the ones that had no deadline. I guess i'll keep it on 'no preference'.

Console workunits have about 2-3 months of leeway so you are pretty safe, especially when it can be crunched in just 1-2 days if left for 24 hours on modern hardware. Even with a constant run/stop of the computer, it can take about 1 week at most.

Back