attempt to get work failed?

Joined
Feb 4, 2005
Messages
981
here's my error, i've been away all day, and i get this.

[03:27:38] + Attempting to get work packet
[03:27:38] - Connecting to assignment server
[03:27:39] - Successful: assigned to (171.65.103.158).
[03:27:39] + News From Folding@Home: Welcome to Folding@Home
[03:27:39] Loaded queue successfully.
[03:27:40] - Error: Attempt #26 to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.

26 attempts, so it's been a while. my other processor is finishing up a large wu soon, so i'll see if it has a problem.

what can i do? should i delete everything in the work directory and start over? thanks.

CJ
 
I stop and start the service if your running the console version
 
deleted the contents of my work directory, and that seemed to work. i rebooted just to see if it would work, good thing i am at the start of my *planned* 6 month uptime, folding 24/7 with both processors. just to do it :) if i had a battery backup, i'd try for a year. long live dualdrop[H]enia.

dualdrop[H]enia
 
Some times the fah client itself messes up and I know for a fact the cores mess up. They seem particularly sensitive to a defrag.

Replace the client; delete the cores but leave everything else alone and that usually fixes the problem, especially if you are in the middle of a WU.

Just some thoughts

 
BillR said:
Some times the fah client itself messes up and I know for a fact the cores mess up. They seem particularly sensitive to a defrag.


Yes, whatever you do, always shut folding down before you defrag. I left it running on accident one time and it killed a 600 pointer I was at least 75% done with. I was not a happy camper that night. Now, I always remember to shut folding down anytime I do any type of maintanence work on my systems. :(

 
i was at the end of a wu when this happened, it was looking for more work and couldnt find it for some reason.

about defragging - i use linux with reiserFS, doesnt need defragging.

dualdrop[H]enia
 
santaliqueur said:
about defragging - i use linux with reiserFS, doesnt need defragging.
Hooray! I <3 reiserfs, of course, but I'm finding that xfs is equally nice for large storage volumes.

 
Back
Top