attaching stacker front dual?

Overvolt

Limp Gawd
I have read that you can velcro a dual radiator into the front of the stacker but i dont see exactly how that is accomplished. I tried watching the video at danger den to see but it didnt work. I have a MCR220, so if anyone here has placed this rad or similar sized one into the front of your stacker i appreciate any advice on how you fit it in there.

Thanks

*edit*
DangerDen video worked...that is easy...but still, are there any other ways to mount the radiator up front or is the velcro method sturdy enough?

I do something similar with a Bonneville Heatercore and a Thermaltake Armour case. All I did was put the heatercore in the front and then used rope and strapped it in. Its in there good and definately isn't coming out.

You can get metal strapping and screw it to the case after bending it in a U shape wide enough to reach from side to side in the drive bays then screw it to the rad in the front where the fans attach. Pretty simple.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about in an Armor I did last december. I used old Lian Li drive bay covers but any flat metal will work and if it's only like 1/2" wide you won't have to cut on it.

RadMounted2.jpg

get heavy duty velcro strips, it should definitely be sturdy enough.
i planned on doing the same with a BIP3 in the front of the stacker but decided against h2o.

Okay thanks guys I really appreciate the input. I think for the sake of being centered the metal strip idea sounds good but the velcro is quick and effective since i will be retaining the original drive bay covers. With the radiator down below i can now use my two fan cutouts on top for an exhaust and resevoir i guess.

On the Stacker you have to do it a little differently than in the picture madmat posted because its drive bay covers snap into the case since there isn't a front panel on it.

Stay tuned, in a few days I'll be posting my new project which does use a Stacker.

I used a few zip ties to secure my rad in my stacker. Its a single 120, but its centered and won't move. If i remember correctly I used three zip ties hooked together on the top and three on the bottom. That way it won't move and it will be really easy to take out when I get time to redo the loop with a BIP3.

Back